Volunteer terms and conditions:
- The volunteer understands the services provided will be a donation and under no circumstances will expect wages, salary, or benefits from Sunshine Coast Chinatown Development Multicultural Committee (SCCDMC) for the services provided within this volunteer agreement.
- The Volunteer should sign in & out for the shift, follow the instructions and guidance from the planning team to provide services during the festival. Report to person in chargeduring the festival if there are any concerns.
- The Volunteer understands they are under no terms considered an employee of SCCDMC. Furthermore, SCCDMC acknowledges the Volunteer is not an employee and may provide services at free will. The Volunteer will receive no employee benefits including disability, pay, work compensation, or severance pay.
- The Volunteer agrees to indemnify and hold SCCDMC harmless against any damages related to the Volunteer’s activity. Additionally, SCCDMC shall hold the Volunteer harmless against any damages related to the Volunteer’s service.
- Any and all legal proceedings that may arise from this volunteer agreement shall remain in the jurisdiction of Queensland. The Volunteer agrees that in the instance of legal proceedings they will cooperate with SCCDMC as well as the Organization’s agents. The Volunteer agrees to provide written notification to the Organization in the event that an incident takes place while the Volunteer is providing services.
- This volunteer agreement shall begin on the agreed hours of volunteer service for HER Festival.
- Because the Volunteer is not an active employee, they may terminate this volunteer agreement at any time for any reason they deem necessary. SCCDMC may decline to accept the Volunteers time and may terminate this agreement without prior notification.
- In the event that an emergency should occur while the Volunteer is providing services, the emergency contact should be notified immediately.